Did you know mice and rats are some of the most common pests in the world? They are not only startling to see inside your Oklahoma City home, but they're also likely on their way to cause damage to your walls or attic.
If you see just one mouse or rat, there's a chance there are actually more in hiding. Residents in Bethany, Nichols Hills, Edmond, OKC, Midwest City, Choctaw, Shawnee, Norman, & Moore, don't worry—Wildlife X Team® Oklahoma City can help. We have years of proven success in rodent trapping, repairing rodent damage, and keeping mice out. Call 405.816.9700 today to get rid of your Oklahoma City rodent problems today or reach us through our contact form!
Rodent Removal Services
Mice are typically around 7 inches long, including their tails. Rats are much larger, often growing to around 18 inches including their tail. You'd think mouse and rat damage would equal their size, but you'd be surprised—these tiny rodents have destructive habits like nibbling, which can actually weaken beams so much that structural collapse can occur. Some additional common rodent problems include:
- Excessive amounts of waste in assorted locations.
- Mice produce up to 75 droppings per day, which can add up quickly if you don't know you have a mouse problem.
- Ripped open food containers.
- Mice and rats are opportunists, looking for food wherever they can find it (this is often your kitchen or other areas of your Oklahoma City home).
- Chewing of electrical wires, which can lead to electrical fires.
- Grease marks along walls and doors, indicating where the rodents have been traveling.
- Illnesses and diseases contracted through coming into contact with their feces or urine
- Hantavirus can be transmitted through contact with rodent droppings, urine or saliva and cause nausea, muscle aches or even death in humans.
- Leptospirosis is also transmitted to humans through rodent waste. Symptoms include headache, chills, vomiting and more.
- Rodents can also be carriers of fleas and ticks, which can transfer to you and your pets.
- Dead mice or rats in the walls produce horrific odors and can be even more hazardous than live rodents.
Is Rodent Removal Really Necessary in Oklahoma City?
Yes. Rodents spend a lot of time walking through unhygienic areas like trash looking for food and their droppings are also dangerous. It is important that you don't try your own rodent removal or remove the droppings near the rodents. Wondering how to get rid of rodents? Give Wildlife X Team® Oklahoma City a call at 405.816.9700 and we will resolve your rodent problem for good and rodent proof your home. Bethany, Nichols Hills, Edmond, OKC, Midwest City, Choctaw, Shawnee, Norman, & Moore residents will soon be free of rodents with a call to Wildlife X Team® Oklahoma City!