Raccoons are infamous for causing trouble in Oklahoma City backyards and the opposable-thumbed critters can also get into Oklahoma City homes as well, often taking up residence in attics. Most people would agree that even though raccoons may be cute, they are a fearsome pest to have on your property—raccoon damage can be much more costly than you might think. If you discover a raccoon problem on your Oklahoma City property, don't panic; call the professionals at Wildlife X Team® Oklahoma City immediately at 405.493.8400 or provide more information about your raccoon issue here.
Raccoon Problems: How to Get Rid of Raccoons
Raccoons can be directly responsible for excessive damage to both your Oklahoma City property and home, and coming into close contact with a raccoon can be dangerous. Some of the most common raccoon problems in the Oklahoma City region include:
- Searching for food and nesting materials can be destructive
- Raccoons are not picky about what they use for nesting materials, often utilizing long grasses and other foliage. Raccoons sometimes construct more than one nesting area, so your technician will thoroughly check each common area.
- Wall and floor stains from feces and urine
- Learn more about Wildlife X Team® Oklahoma City's animal damage repair services.
- Illnesses and diseases contracted by coming into contact with raccoons or raccoon feces
- Raccoon feces is known to contain roundworm eggs, potentially leading to eye, brain and heart damage in severe case.
Professional Raccoon Removal Methods
If you are facing a raccoon problem on your Oklahoma property, we don't encourage DIY raccoon removal. Like other wildlife, it is best handled by a professional raccoon removal specialist with training and proper equipment. If a raccoon approaches you during the day, especially, please give us a call at 405.493.8400—a healthy raccoon will not approach humans, so there is a serious chance that the raccoon is in fact rabid!
Wildlife X Team® Oklahoma City can safely trap, remove, and relocate raccoons and repair raccoon damage.