Bats are misunderstood by many people. Did you know they are one of the more helpful animals to keeping the insect population down? As beneficial as bats are to the ecosystem, they are not a critter you want in your Oklahoma City home. A few of the most common species of bats in Oklahoma include the little and big brown bat and the Mexican free-tailed bat. Bats are able to get into holes as small as a dime, so it's vital that you make sure bat entry points are covered/sealed on your home, such as holes in your siding, fascias, other areas of your roof and your chimney. A bat nesting in your attic may seem harmless enough, but their waste is some of the most hazardous wildlife waste that you can encounter. Call Wildlife X Team® Oklahoma City today at 405.493.8400 for professional bat removal, bat prevention and bat damage repair help today! You can also reach us online here.
Like rodents, bats create damage in your Oklahoma City much larger than you'd think. Some common bat problems in the Oklahoma City area include:
- Large accumulations of bat poop (guano) often found in attic corners.
- The most common problem with bat poop is histoplasmosis. Mold spores that grow on guano can be inhaled and cause high fever and pneumonia.
- Bat attic damage
- Bats' preferred nesting and roosting area inside your home is the attic, and it's clear to see why. Attics are isolated, dark, and allow bats to relax, raise pups, and be protected from the elements.
- Presence inside chimneys (sometimes accidental)
- Chimneys are another favorite nesting place for bats. They emulate caves, which are natural nesting areas for bats in the wild.
- Scratches and bites, when bats feel threatened, that can lead to hazardous illnesses and diseases
Getting Bats Out of Your Home
Like its fellow wildlife intruders, raccoons, squirrels, rodents, bats, opossum and birds, bats belong outside, in their home—not yours. Bat trapping, bat relocation and bat removal are best left to the professionals at Wildlife X Team® Oklahoma City. If you are discovering signs of bats on your Bethany, Nichols Hills, Edmond, OKC, Midwest City, Choctaw, Shawnee, Norman, & Moore property or if you see a bat flying around at dusk or dawn, please call our Wildlife X Team® Oklahoma City at 405.493.8400 today. We can help you catch bats in your attic and chimney and solve your bat problems for good!